The Children's Aid Society of the Districts of Nipissing and Parry Sound is a multiservice organization which provides child protection, early intervention services, and youth justice services.
Functions of a Children’s Aid Society are to:
1. investigate allegations or evidence that children who are under the age of sixteen years or are in the society’s care or under its supervision may be in need of protection;
2. protect where necessary, children who are under the age of sixteen years or are in the society’s care or under its supervision;
3. provide guidance, counseling and other services to families for protecting children or for the prevention of circumstances requiring the protection of children;
4. provide care for children assigned or committed to its care under this Act;
5. supervise children assigned to its supervision under this Act;
6. place children for adoption under part VII; and
7. perform any other duties given to it by this or any other Act. R.S.O. 1990, c.C.11,s.15(3).
These functions within the Children’s Aid Society of Nipissing and Parry Sound include intake, ongoing protection, resources, and client services.
Ongoing Duty to Report
A person who has additional reasonable grounds to suspect one of the matters set out in subsection (1) shall make a further report under subsection (1) even if he or she has made previous reports with respect to the same child. 1999, c.2,s.22(1).
Toll Free 877-303-0910
Toll Free 877-828-1333
Toll Free 877-224-9354