Who We Are
Nbisiing Secondary School is a provincially inspected private secondary school offering a wide variety of high school courses with an emphasis on the needs and aspirations of First Nations’ students.
We offer a wide range of secondary school courses leading to a provincial secondary school diploma. Our small class size coupled with our emphasis on academic excellence and aboriginal pride gives students the skills to succeed.
To assist each and every student in achieving their academic goals in a dignified, caring environment with consideration for, and emphasis on, the culture and heritage of the native community.
The Nbisiing Secondary School Code of Conduct:
The code reflects The Seven Grandfather Teachings and the Education Act of Ontario
The Seven Grandfathers
1. Nbaakaawin -- Wisdom: To cherish knowledge is to know wisdom.
Wisdom is given by the Creator to be used for the good of the people.
2. Zaagidwin -- Love: Love must be unconditional.
When people are weak they need love the most.
3. Mnaadendmowin -- Respect: Have respect for all that is. All of creation should be treated with respect.
You must give respect if you wish to be respected.
4. Aakdehewin -- Bravery: To face a foe with integrity.
To do what's right even when the consequences are unpleasant.
5. Gwekwaadziwin -- Honesty: Always be honest in word and action.
Be honest first with yourself, and you will more easily be able to be honest with others.
6. Dbaadendizin -- Humility: You are equal to others, but you are not better.
7. Debwewin -- Truth
469B Couchie Memorial Drive
North Bay, ON