Established in 1984, MWAG is a charitable organization that promotes awareness of women's issues and advocates for change. The MWAG board, other volunteers and shelter staff follow strict confidentiality policies and procedures.
A volunteer training course is offered annually and is mandatory for anyone working directly with clients. Male volunteers are welcome for some activities and police checks are required for everyone participating in the training program.
The purpose of Muskoka Women's Advocacy Group is to advocate for better life opportunities and increased options for women in Muskoka and to encourage recognition of the value of women in society.
- Children's Voices Support Group Program
- Court support services
- Distribution of recycled goods and clothing for children and women
- Emergency shelter for women and their children
- Emergency transportation
- Public education on issues of women abuse and violence prevention
- Safety planning
- Sponsor of Violence Prevention Community Co-ordinating Committee (DART)
- Supportive housing program (geared to income)
- Support, referrals and advocacy to and with other agencies
- Women's and children's group programs
- 24 hour crisis counseling in person or by phone
For Services in North Muskoka:
Phone: (705) 789-8488 or 1-866-789-8488
For Services in South Muskoka:
Phone: (705) 645-4461 or 1-800-461-1740