Muskoka Victim Services is a program designed to help people in crisis. Victim Services uses trained Victim Crisis Responders to provide immediate onsite crisis intervention to victims of crime or tragic events. It allows a community to participate in reducing the negative impact of crime and tragedy, both for those who have been personally traumatized by an event and the larger community that is also affected.
Muskoka Victim Services Objectives:
What Victims can Expect from Muskoka Victim Services:
- To respond to Victim Services identified tragic circumstances 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- To work closely with the O.P.P., hospitals, fire departments, and social service agencies to help reduce the impact of trauma for victims in our community.
- To respond to the needs of victims of crime or tragic events by providing:
- Crisis assistance
- Practical support
- Referral to community services
- To free up officers to respond to other crisis situations.
What Muskoka Victim Services will respond to:
- Complete confidentiality
- Non-judgmental support
- Support from fully-trained Victim Crisis Responders
- Immediate support available at their home, hospital, police station, or other safe locations
- Up-to-date information regarding referrals to community services
- Practical help in managing the crisis
- 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Sexual Assault
- Criminal Harassment
- Break and Enter
- Physical or Emotional
- Elder Abuse
- Sudden Death
- Suicide / Threat Suicide
- Death Notification
- Motor Vehicle Accident / Fatality
- Medical Crisis
29 Manitoba Street, Suite 9,
Phone: (705) 645-5444
After Hours: (705) 645-6544
Toll Free: 1-877-229-2217
Fax: (705) 645-8406